- iPhone 3G/3G[S]/4
- iPod Touch 2G/3G/4
- Apple TV 2
You will need:
*Download Snowbreeze 2.5
* Download and install latest iTunes
*Download iOS 4.3.1 for your device see list here
1. After download Snowbreeze 2.5, run it and click on the "next arrow" button
2. Browse your downloaded iOS 4.3.1 firmware and select it
3. Wait until Snowbreezeverify the firmware file, after that click the next button again
4. On the next window, select "Expert Mode" click the next button and then click "Build IPSW" and next button again.
5. Wait until Snowbreeze finish building the custom IPSW file which will be saved on your desktop, you can play Pac-Man while you wait.
6. Next, connect your device to your computer to boot in DFU mode by doing
- Hold the Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds
- Release the Power button but keep holding the Home button for 10 seconds.
- Your device will now be in DFU mode
7. After successfully booting device in DFU mode, open your iTunes, hold the left "SHIFT" key and press the "Restore" button NOT the "Update" button browse and choose the custom firmware that Snowbreeze created, (it is saved on your desktop) and open it.
8. Wait for iTunes do everything, do not disconnect or interrupt, a progress bar indicates the installation status. After iTunes restore your device it will reboot and your device will be in Untethered Jailbroken state.
Check here to know what's next after Jailbreaking your device.
For Mac users, Untether Jailbreak your device using PwnageTool 4.3 see guide here